Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone running KKM barrels?

strangedays

I was just seeing if anyone has had some time with the KKM barrels for the M&P .40? I am trying to decide between them or go with what I know the storm lake barrels.

I am going to place an order with SSS soon. I have a ported Storm Lake that shoots great but I am not going to shoot open with this gun so I am going to try and sell the ported barrel and replace it with one that has no ports. Any advice would be great.

Edited by strangedays

If you don't mind sharing what did you hear from SSS? I am considering changing the barrel on my Pro and was wondering whether to go with the SL or KKM. SSS have an opinion?

Dave

I was told that with the barrel they tried it did shoot better than the storm lake with the ammo he used.

He was shooting 9mm and I ordered one for .40 Full Size not the pro. Once the barrel comes in I will run some different ammo types through it and let everyone know what it likes and didn’t like. I’ll also get some pictures of everything when it arrives.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried both the Storm Lake and the KKM barrels in my 9Pro and 9L. The Storm Lake was not an improvement in accuracy on either frame. The KKM made my L shoot the lights out, so that is where it stays. The stock barrel in my Pro shoots very well. I am shooting 124g Mt Gold JHP over 4.1 of Universal.

I have tried both the Storm Lake and the KKM barrels in my 9Pro and 9L. The Storm Lake was not an improvement in accuracy on either frame. The KKM made my L shoot the lights out, so that is where it stays. The stock barrel in my Pro shoots very well. I am shooting 124g Mt Gold JHP over 4.1 of Universal.

was it a drop in or did it require fitting?

was it a drop in or did it require fitting?

I just got mine and yes it is a drop in barrel.

Edited by strangedays

I had a KKM in an M&P Pro that I recently sold. I can't say positively, i.e. no group comparisons to prove it, but I believe it shot more accurately than the stock barrel.

I used both MG 124 gr. JHP and Billy Bullet 125 gr. Moly with equal success. Cleaning was never a problem with the Billy Bullets.

The one thing that I did notice, and feel is worth passing on, is that the leade in the KKM barrel is a bit shorter than the stock M&P barrel. If I recall correctly

Kevin said it was to SAAMI specs. Regardless, mine was a bit shorter than the factory barrel in that particular gun.

I found that I needed to load RN bullets a bit shorter to get consistent lockup.

Just something to keep in mine while you start with your new barrel.

By the way, I plan to buy another KKM for my current M&P. I like them.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...