Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sticking funnel

Are you using an Undersize Die ? Do you use case lube?

Initially, when I switched over to load .40 after loading 9mm and .45, I was feeling that same "stickiness" on the upstroke. I mentally attributed it to my using the U-Die. Now, a year and a half later, I don't even notice at all.

I have a brand new set of .40 dies. When the case seems to stick at the end of the return stroke. It takes a little more effort to put the handel back up at the end. Is this normal?

I get that when I have the powder drop set to deep, Bells the case so much that it drags on the way out. That may be your problem also.

B

I used to have that happen with new brass. I tried polishing the funnel, but it didn't make much difference. Now I just run new brass through the tumbler for 15min and it leaves just enough on the inside of the case mouth to stop them from sticking to the funnel. R,

I used to have this problem, seemed worse with certain headstamps. I bought the 1050 powder funeel and never tried it although some say it is the cure.

Starline also makes some comment about this happening and offers to modify the powder funnel. In my case after examining I cut about .1 from the funnel, rebeveled and polished very well.

I don't recall having this problem recently. Just my .02 YMMV.