Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steyr SSG 69

Reinholt

I have an older (1980's) Steyr SSG 69 with set triggers that has one of the mag retention tabs broken off. I don't have the rifle in my possession to find out if the part number for the trigger guard assembly. Is this assembly an easy replacement and if yes, where can I get one?

I have the same gun, and parts are hard to come by. you might try Steyr, or Numrich gun parts. If you are refering to the small recess inside the stock where the magazine clicks into the stock, I think those are plastic, so you may be able to fabricate something if you can't find a replacement.

trapr

Contact Steyr Mannlicher GmbH / Martin Fehringer, he should be able to get parts for you. If he is still working for Steyr... There has been lots of people moving in and out recently, seems there are nobody anymore that would really know these things :(

I have SSG69 too, old one from 1992. Maybe 3rd trigger guard and 4th barrel.

I have spoken to a few people about his topic and now question if a CNC'ed aluminum trigger guard would be something others would buy. Knowing this part breaks frequently, does the number of SSG's warrant another option or are the quantities too low?

• 1 year later...

This post is about the availability of SSG 69 trigger guards and a parts need that I have.

SSG 69 trigger guard: I just spoke with Jeff at Steyr USA who tells me that SSG 69 trigger guards are in stock and sell for about $60.00. Give him a call: (205) 655-8299.

My parts need: I need a part for a 10 Round SSG mag. The screw-on back plate on my mag shattered and I need a replacement. Unfortunately, neither Steyr USA or Steyr Austria can supply this part anymore so I'm left to scrounge around for it. If anyone has a broken/non-functional 10-Round mag for SSG 69 PI/PII rifles with a intact back-plate please contact me. Note that there are two versions of this back-plate, one made of clear plastic and held in place with 1 screw, and one made from opaque gray plastic that is held in place with 3 screws. The plates are otherwise the same and I can use either one (beggars can't be choosers) but would prefer the opaque version.

Thanks!