Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Typical ?

Coach

Have not dryfired in six months or longer. Been on Christmas break and had gobs for time on my hands. I was planning to get back on the dryfire path in January and keep a solid schedule up through July. That is the goal at least.

I am obviously rusty and I limped out of the season sucking at club matches. I have plenty of excuses but that is not the point of this post.

I use Steve Anderson's book, but have modified the number of repitions right now because I am not able to make the par times from April or May whenever I stopped. I have been doing many more reps at the slower par times. I have hit it four out of the last five days and the rust is coming off.

On the draws I am back to my old par times from early 2010. I make the baseline time every single time. It feels good and the sights seem to appear in alignment right where I want them. The gun seems to becoming up level, and things seem smooth. I make the time everytime out 15-16 repitions.

I drop the time down by one tenth and not only do I not make the par time,but the sights never come to rest in alignment and this fine tuning of course makes me just a little too slow. Why does everything seem so smooth and right, and the goes sideways in such a hurry. I might make the draw and par time two times out of ten as this par time. Thoughts?

Have not dryfired in six months or longer. Been on Christmas break and had gobs for time on my hands. I was planning to get back on the dryfire path in January and keep a solid schedule up through July. That is the goal at least.

I am obviously rusty and I limped out of the season sucking at club matches. I have plenty of excuses but that is not the point of this post.

I use Steve Anderson's book, but have modified the number of repitions right now because I am not able to make the par times from April or May whenever I stopped. I have been doing many more reps at the slower par times. I have hit it four out of the last five days and the rust is coming off.

On the draws I am back to my old par times from early 2010. I make the baseline time every single time. It feels good and the sights seem to appear in alignment right where I want them. The gun seems to becoming up level, and things seem smooth. I make the time everytime out 15-16 repitions.

I drop the time down by one tenth and not only do I not make the par time,but the sights never come to rest in alignment and this fine tuning of course makes me just a little too slow. Why does everything seem so smooth and right, and the goes sideways in such a hurry. I might make the draw and par time two times out of ten as this par time. Thoughts?

How long did it take you to get to your "old par time"?

If it were me, I guess I'd have a mental block about hitting a new time after only 5 days of knocking off the rust. It sounds like you are there, just let the head get out of the way. You got it.

Maybe this will help:

How long did it take you to get to your "old par time"?

If it were me, I guess I'd have a mental block about hitting a new time after only 5 days of knocking off the rust. It sounds like you are there, just let the head get out of the way. You got it.

Maybe this will help:

Thanks.

I am slightly more steady than the Waco Kid. :D