Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger issue with my G22

hump

I have a g22 I use for Limited and bowling pin shooting. The take up on the trigger has a tight spot about 1/8" before it breaks. I have used four different connectors, repolished everything changed out springs and substituted parts from my other Glocks but the spot is still there. It doesn't affect the reliability and doesn't seem to bother the accuracy but it still bothers me. I can post pics but I am not what to take pictures of since everything looks exactly my other guns. Any ideas?

Welcome to the forum.

From what you are describing I would look real close at the safety plunger. I use a very fine stone to remove any rough spots on flat surface of the plunger. Following up with a (Dremel) polishing.

Another effective method of mating up the parts is dry-firing it a couple thousand times. Pain doing it but works great.

cheers.gif

Welcome to the forum.

From what you are describing I would look real close at the safety plunger. I use a very fine stone to remove any rough spots on flat surface of the plunger. Following up with a (Dremel) polishing.

Another effective method of mating up the parts is dry-firing it a couple thousand times. Pain doing it but works great.

cheers.gif

The safety plunger is polished mirror smooth and recontoured to smooth out the take up. I will remove the plunger and see what happens.

Ok, I figured it out. The trigger bar was bent slightly causing the bar to ride to far from the frame as it moved back toward the connector. It was shifting outward and this is the tight spot I felt. I compared it to my other guns and even though it was very slight it did not look the same. I now have the slick 3.5 lb I am supposed to have.