Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Match

AGlock36

Well I finally got to go and watch my first IPSC match on Wednesday night at Shooters Paradise in VA. Met up with Doug who took the time to explain a lot of what was going on to me. I truly thank him for that. Met a lot of wonderful people there that night and got to watch Both Phil Strader and Rudi Waldinger shoot. Truly amaizing. All I can say is that I"M HOOKED. It was truly a blast. I am going to try and shoot thier match next month for my first match. I will be shooting my Para P-16.

My first question that I forgot to ask was,

1. Do I have to register with USPSA to shoot in the match or just to be classified?

2. Do club matches usually run classifier's or just designed stages?

Thanks for all the help and thanks again to Doug for all your tips and insightes. I am truly grateful and will definately help set up next months match.

Happy Shooting

:D :D :D :D

Paul Franklin

1.  Do I have to register with USPSA to shoot in the match or just to be classified?

2.  Do club matches usually run classifier's or just designed stages?

1. You can shoot without joining...at least that is the way it is at any match I have been to. But, you'll want to join up...if for no other reason than to get Front Sight magazine (and see all the pictures of Phil and Rudy in there ;) )

2. About once a year, a club will hold a "special classifer match", usually this match will have 4 classifer stages.

Other than that, the majority of clubs design most of their own stages, but run one stage at each match as a classifer.

Flex,

Thank you very much for the info. Was going to join but just wanted to know. Thanks again. Will have to check with the club to see what they are doing.

3\4,

Yeah they did make it look soooooooo easy. Hmmmmmm wonder if I will look like and over stuffed pig trying to run with his legs tied together for my first one LOL.

Will definately let everyone know how I did.

Thanks again to everyone on this site for all of your helpful information and tips so far.

Happy Shooting

:D :D :D :D

Paul Franklin