Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta Xtrema 2 for 3-Gun

Robert King

If you are having a point of impact problem with slugs in your shotgun the first thing to do is try another choke tube. Sometimes you get a tube that is not concentric to the bore. It is worth trying several different factory tubes or a quality aftermarket choke tube like a Briley. I ran into this problem with one of my 1100s that I use for 3 gun. Bought a Briley choke tube and put it in the barrel and solved the problem.

• 5 weeks later...

I shot my Xtrema II at Iron Man and it was great. I had three malfunctions (FTE) on shotshells during the entire match. The low recoil winlite slugs I was using would FTE every four or five rounds, but they are very light and that was the problem. The fiochi slugs run, but the winlite is what I had. The longer barrel made no difference IMHO and the extended Briley chokes were nice. A very nice advantage if you ask me is the 12 round tube capacity. Although I can only start with 8 + 1, as soon as the timer beeps I can instantly load 4 more rounds when walking to the first target array. I think the longer barrel also makes it cool better. I mounted a barrel clamp before the match and did not realize it changed the POI for slugs and that screwed me a little, but I adjusted quickly. The only issue I have is that full power slugs shoot so far off, I really have no choice but to use low recoil and the low recoil slugs make spinners a real PIA, because you can not spin them with bottom shots only. I was able to make bottom shots on all the spinners, but could not make the top shots, so failed to spin both the slug spinners. If you already own one and want to shoot it for 3 gun, you are good to go. Heck, Bennie Cooley shoots one in 3 Gun.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those that are having problems running lighter loads, try running several boxes (3 or 4) of 3" or 3.5" magnum shells through it. I had those problems too but after my first season waterfowl hunting with those heavy loads I had absolutely no problems afterwards even down to 2.75 Dram light target loads.