Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

For Those With Support Hand Problems....

mas

Recently discovered why my support hand was always coming loose from the frame and thought I would share this little bit of insight with those who may be struggling with this issue. In addition to checking out all of the basic requirements of a good grip, make sure you check to ensure that you're not OVER-camming the support hand! HA! When people would look at my grip, they'd say, "man, that looks perfect; I don't know why you're having problems." Well, now I know!

I know, perhaps too much excitement this early in the morning, but hey, if it even helps one person bypass the crap I had to go through to figure this out, fantastic!

(oh yeah, in the section for topics that don't fit anywhere else, you can read about my current grip problem...haha).

sure...what i have found that works for me is to only cam your wist far enough to have a proper linear alignment between the palm and the angle of the grip. If you cam too much (overcamming is what I'm calling it), such that the angle of your palm with the grip creates an "X," now matter how acute, will decrease the extent to which you're effectively managing recoil. The line of your palm must be congruent with the angle of your grip, producing a "//" instead of a "X" orientation. Hope that makes sense. Since I have done this, I have tons of control and get more consistent tracking....the reason I used to shoot a Glock well is because my natural tendency to overcam fits the steep angle of the glock grip.