Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Strange things are afoot

Bubber

I was playing with some loads on my 45. I had 4.0 of clays and it gave me a 175 pf with single digit standard deviation. It was a slow gentle push for recoil. I dropped to 3.8 clays and it became more of a snappy recoil with a PF of 170 ish. SD was in the 16 range. Needles to say, I will go with the 175 pf for the better feel. Anyone else ever have this happen? :sight: Later rdd

Bubber,

what bullet are you using?

I guess 230's. Lead, moly or jacketed?

I am currently shooting 4.1gr of Clays under 200gr lead and they feel very nice.

(Only had one Production shooter squeal like a girl when he shot my revo last week... :lol: )

I still have a stash of 230gr moly bullets - I might try the 4.0 gr, just to see what happens.

Bubber,

what bullet are you using?

I guess 230's. Lead, moly or jacketed?

I am currently shooting 4.1gr of Clays under 200gr lead and they feel very nice.

(Only had one Production shooter squeal like a girl when he shot my revo last week... :lol: )

I still have a stash of 230gr moly bullets - I might try the 4.0 gr, just to see what happens.

Yep they are Billy's 230 Moly Bullets. My barrel may be a bit slower than others but it is the 5 inch model. late rdd

I am shooting 3.9 Clays with a 230 gr speer moly and some 225 to 227 cast bullets lubed with Alox atop 4.0 to 4.1 Clays. The 230s are fairly stout but the cast are a lighter impulse. 3-5 grs of bullet down and two tenths of a grain more powder. Why? Guessing that the cast bullets have less resistance?