Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

beginning revolver shooter

treefarmer

TreeFarmer,

I just picked up an Smith M-27 and have been piddling a bit with it. If you have an M-19 you can probably get started in Revo and then see if you like it enough to spring for the 625 everyone raves about. Reloads, calling your shots, and stage planning seem to be the learning goals for coming in; all of which you can do with your M-19.

Question for the experienced; I have some speed loaders for my M27 that I may not need as many of. Would they work on TreeFarmer's M19? Also, TF, are you right or left handed?

Leam

leam sorry i took so long to repyl my comp. has been down ,just got it going. To answer your question, i am right handed,. i started out with a 27 years ago, good gun. I like my 19 as much if not better.

Leam,

Your Model 27 is a N-Frame while Farmers' Model 19 is a K-Frame. They use different speedloaders. He would use an HKS 10-A, the standard speedloader for a K-Frame or the correct Jetloader, Comp I, or Comp II loader.

JFlowers i have been reading about speedloaders,here on the forum, seems like most shooters favor Jetloaders or Comp. 111's. what is your thoughts on them? thanks Rog

leam sorry i took so long to repyl my comp. has been down ,just got it going. To answer your question, i am right handed,. i started out with a 27 years ago, good gun. I like my 19 as much if not better.

Hey pardner, no worries!

If you decide to shoot the 17 in competition, I have a right handed holster that might fit. PM me with an address if you want it. As JFlowers noted, the speed loaders I have won't fit your 17.

Leam