Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Smooth Grips

dsb45acp

I'm looking for a pair of smooth G10 type grips for my 1911. I would like to find a pair with the thumb relief cut for reaching the mag release button and I need smooth so that I can apply Tru Grip grip tape to them. I tried a couple of searches, but didn't find what I'm looking for. Anybody got a suggestion or link?

I'm looking for a pair of smooth G10 type grips for my 1911. I would like to find a pair with the thumb relief cut for reaching the mag release button and I need smooth so that I can apply Tru Grip grip tape to them. I tried a couple of searches, but didn't find what I'm looking for. Anybody got a suggestion or link?

Have you tried these? I have the smooth ones with griptape on all of my 1911's.

AlumaGrips

Have you tried these? I have the smooth ones with griptape on all of my 1911's.

AlumaGrips

Thanks, I'll contact the company next week.

Get a set of hardwood grips, and sand the checker off, and buff them fairly smooth with 400grit paper as your final. The smoother surface of the finer sanded wood will help the grip tape to stick for a long time. Sand your thumb releif into the grip with the rougher grit, and then polish them all up. Then add your grip tape and put them back on your gun. I think many would be suprised at how nice a set of grips you can get this way with low cost, and without adding any weight really.