Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning email?

DownUnder

I sent Henning an email to me@henningshootsguns.com enquiring about some parts and got no reply, which is very unusual, as Henning's customer service is excellent. So I tried today and the email is bouncing. Anyone else having a problem or is it just at my end? Tried on 2 different email accounts.

I called his business line and it went to voicemail but they are closed at this time. I left a message to check his email and see if there are problems on his end. Hope it works out for ya, he's a great guy to deal with...

My email server needs to have a piece of software installed to avoid the bounce. That's the problem there.

As far as phones.. I get almost non-stop phone calls and I try to get parts packed and shipped out as well. So can't always grab every call. I love to talk so every time I pick up the phone something else doesn't get done.

Today I've been at the machine shop all day. We've been prototyping the two new longer flat triggers (medium length and long length). The mid-length one will be about 5mm (or roughly .200") and the long one will be another 6mm longer (or 11mm longer than the short and about .430" longer than the short). I've been here since 10am and it's now 11:15pm. We've got another couple hours to go. Then I'm driving home tonite with the newest long trigger installed in one of my customer's guns. He's got big hands..

So this will be very cool. This means 3 different trigger lengths to accommodate different people's hand sizes and preferences.

Also I just made available 5 different trigger plunger springs and 4 different trigger return springs. With the new springs you can get a total of about 250 grams or 9 ounces adjust-ability. It also allows for more flexibility in making the trigger lighter yet reliable. The factory parts can be crude sometimes and this is where a heavier spring often masks rough spots. If you want lighter springs you've got to polish and remove any rough spots. If you do that you can go lighter springs. Or if you think the trigger pull is too light, but you don't want to re-do the hammer/sear trigger job you paid a gunsmith to do.. you can adjust and fine tune by changing 3 springs:

a) trigger return spring. #15, #16, #17 and #18. It's about 2 ounce (or roughly 50 grams) difference in pull weight between the springs.

B) trigger plunger spring. #18, #19, #20, #21 and #22. These don't affect the trigger pull as much directly, but the pressure this spring puts on the trigger plunger head (or Huening roller plunger if you've upgraded) will mean more or less resistance on the trigger bar. Less resistance = lighter trigger pull. The difference between each spring is about 1 ounce (or +/- 25 grams).

c) hammer spring. #13, #14 and #15 ++. This changes the trigger pull the most, but not always what you may want to change. If you're having a hard time with light strikes you don't want to reduce the hammer spring.

And of course, how you set up the hammer and sear will hugely determine how the trigger feels, but also weight. My Limited 40 pistol is now at 1 Lb 9 Oz (700 grams) with Wolff 13lb hammer spring, Henning #15 trigger return spring and Henning #18 trigger plunger spring.

Promise I'll make an article about the new triggers, springs and a little more in-depth as soon as I've got all components ready. The new springs are already made available in the shop.