Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris PEPR vs LaRue SPD-E mount

2MoreChains

I like the SPR-E with my Millet. The only thing is that it is still not far out enough for me but I'm kinda ok with that. Basically at 4x nose to charging handle is perfect, at 1x I need to have my head a bit further back. As far as compromises go thats not to bad because it the odds are if I need 4x I also need to be a lot more careful about head placement so I have my nose anchor point, and for closer stuff it matters a bit less. Of course your height, stock length, neck lengths, etc can all change the math, I'm using a A2 length stock and I'm 6'1.

I know this thread has pretty much ran it's coarse but I wanna post dammit!

I had a millett in a pepr mount and with previous experience with LaRue I made the switch to the spr-e. Then I switched the millett for the accupoint tr24. I've never had a problem with eye relief and I shoot with my nose about an inch or two from the charging handle. And the mount isn't even all the way forward.

I zeroed my tr24, then went to a steel challenge match and took my tr24 off and dropped in my .22lr conversion kit, put on my ta44sr-10 ACOG and had fun that day. Three weeks later I shot in a rifle match and put the tr24 back on. I had no poa/poi shift. Busting clays at 50 and whacking steel out to 200 was cake. I'm a firm believer in LaRue's repeatability, as I've always been.

• 7 months later...