Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match scores on uspsa site

spanky

I discovered an interesting issue today.

Apparently when you upload scores, you are given a link that has a db generated number in it that looks like its simply the number of total matches and has no relation to the club or date as it was previously.

The issue is that if you make a correction and re-upload the scores (I did choose the overwrite option as I assumed it'd leave both sets up if I didn't) it changes the link.

This presents an interesting (annoying) problem once you have already emailed the scores to the club members as you now have to send out a new link.

Does anyone know if there is a work around to this?

Edited by spanky

Brute force workaround would be to have your own redirect page at your own site. The redirect goes to the most current results. The link that get sent out to members is a link to your own site.

As I said, brute force. There should be a more elegant solution out there somewhere.

Brute force workaround would be to have your own redirect page at your own site. The redirect goes to the most current results. The link that get sent out to members is a link to your own site.

As I said, brute force. There should be a more elegant solution out there somewhere.

Yep, I may have to go that route. The scores are emailed, posted on the club site and section site. Seems like that might be the only way to do it.