Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 1911 TTT

Pathfinder1

Thinking about buying a Sig 1911 Revolution TTT. It's very similar to the Revolution STX and supposed to be very reliable and accurate out of the box . Anyone have any experience with this pistol?

I live in Ca. and the TTT is legal here the STX (which has more features) isn't.

Thinking about buying a Sig 1911 Revolution TTT. It's very similar to the Revolution STX and supposed to be very reliable and accurate out of the box . Anyone have any experience with this pistol?

I live in Ca. and the TTT is legal here the STX (which has more features) isn't.

i had one and it was a nice guns, but i sold it to fund the Wilson that i bought.

I have an XO and it is reliable and very accurate. I ordered a holster that will fit from Bladetech. It is a great value for everything you get.

Yeah, this is a lot of the good stuff that I've been hearing a Lot of lately about these guns. I think a lot of people don't think "Sig" when they think 1911, but talk of Sigs 1911's seems to be popping up more and more lately. I recently bought their single action 9mm 226 stainless X5 and they are spot on accurate and built beautifully right out of the box. Should be for the cost $1600+ but worth it. Very different from the standard 226...very 1911-ish look and grip.Goggle one if your just curious.

Anyway, I'm getting off subject, but because of this gun it's made me lust again after buying .45 1911 which I used to own many years ago. I sold it, Colt, 20years ago. The buying decision is so much more difficult now because "everybody and his brother" has gotten in to the manufacturing game now.

So, that being said I'm strongly leaning towards a Sig 1911, one reason being the experience with the X-5. I'd love to hear from anyone else with experience with these guns (Sig 1911s) before I purchase. Don't be afraid to "rain on my parade"...I'd just like to get some honest feedback before I make a significant outlay of $$$ for a 1911 choice. Thanks Pathfinder1.

A gunsmith I knew in CA, when I used to live there, raved about the Sig 1911's. I had his shop do a transfer for me of a custom made 1911 I had done up and he kept saying the Sig was the best production 1911 he had ever seen (quality parts in it seemed to be a major factor for him). I have never shot one but the gunsmith knows his stuff so I will take him at his word.

Interesting. I just came back from the indoor range, (not shooting) just window shopping, and the guys there who are S&W 19ll fans were kind of "ragging" on the Sig. They have the Sig for rent there so I'm going to rent and give it a try. Although I didn't shoot the SiG 1911 yet, when I handled the Sig it was (i thought) better machined, but of course I haven't shot one yet. And yeah I know all the other usual suspects for purchase 1911 wise that I may buy instead when all's said and done, but I just want to give the Sig version a try too, and do some serious research being that I really like there products and the quality they put into them.BTW That's an interesting gunsmith's story regarding his opinion of the Sigs Barney. Those guys see the guts of a lot of pistols. Very helpful. Thanks

I don't own a Sig 1911 but i do have two Sigs. One is the USPSA 226 that is all stainless steel and X-5 Allround both are 9mm. These are excellent quality guns very well fit and finished. I have not experienced any malfunctions with either of mine. I would not hesitate to buy a Sig 1911 if the deal was right.

Edited by Jaxshooter

That's kinda the way might thinking is leaning too. Yeah...is that X5 an outrageously great pistol/ shooter or what! I own one too as I said earlier. I they chambered an X5 in .45 I probably wouldn't be shopping and I shot 1911 USPSA in '89 (the stone age I know) when Colt was the only gave in town for the most part, but I still love that 1911 format.