Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New Bike At Moonrocks

ErikW

I flogged my "new" Honda CR250 this weekend near Reno. Dented Pipe, scratched plastic, no big deal. Changed all three major carburetor circuits... back to the sea level standard... stock! So much for air density calculators.

Saturday I hooked up with some guys for some "pod racing" (up and down a dry wash, so named due to its amazing similarity to the Star Wars Episode 1 thing). It almost turned into another unintentional mountainside campout. First there was a big-ass hill with no traction and rocks. I made it up my third attempt. That was the last resemblance to a trail we would see for hours. Then it was nothing but impossible uphills and seat-sucking downhills. We did hit a little bit of single-track trail, but it had snow and ice on half of it... the off-camber side-hill half. They kept saying, yeah, we just have to get up this hill and then we hit a trail. Yeah, we just have to go down this hill and then we hit a trail. Yeah, we just have to go through this rock garden and then we hit a trail. At the end of every obstacle was another f'ing obstacle!

17232Reno53-med.jpg

2002 picture of my Saturday trail-less trail ride leader. I should have done more research before blindly following.

I was seriously pissed off. Where was the pod racing I signed up for? I managed to tumble over the bars downhill a couple times. Damn, 220+ pounds is hard to pick up on a 45 degree hill. And why doesn't the bike ever land high-side uphill? After miles of bushwhacking we finally hit some trail... full of whoops the size of VW bugs. My ass was dragging when we got back to camp and I had a bad case of asthma.

On the whooped-out trail back to camp, one of the Canadians (from B.C.) was obviously dragging ass, too. These guys are something else. They've got a custom-fabricated slushie-maker back at camp that would make you hardware guys go nuts. First, the four-gallon container is filled with rum, ice, rum, and some fruit or something. And then they top it off with rum. The blades at the bottom of the container connect to couple shafts and some big rollers, onto which they place one rear wheel of a motorcycle. At least two people block the front of the bike. At least two people push down on the rear of the bike for traction. The operator then runs through the gears, and after a suitable time tapped out in fourth or so, the rum, ice, and fruit produce four gallons of blended adult beverages.

29103MickBlender_Medium_-med.jpg

Canadian slushie maker in action. Note polished aluminum container, and laser-cut hardware. Click here for larger picture.

Edited by Erik Warren

They've got a custom-fabricated slushie-maker back at camp that would make you hardware guys go nuts...after a suitable time tapped out in fourth or so, the rum, ice, and fruit produce four gallons of blended adult beverages.

Sounds like we need a new definition of "Professional Standard Barman equipment"...

...I'm really evious! :lol::lol::lol:

I updated the slushie-maker picture above. In this picture you can see the laser-cut flames under the polished container, as the USA vs. Canada hockey game faces off:

17313Reno_04_013_Medium_-med.jpg

Click here for larger picture.

Here's a picture of desert hockey action around the slushie-maker:

29103JakeCarnage_Medium_-med.jpg

Just to give you an idea of the insane people I rode with Saturday, here's a file picture of the crazy Australian kid #72:

29103MickAir_Medium_-med.jpg

Edited by Erik Warren

I am begining to realize that for Erik, shooting is the calm, safe, and sedate sport. I can now almost imagine that he may show up shooting in a blue bathrobe, as it should be at that level of exitement for him.

To be honest, I am just jelous. I am to much of a wimp to lunch myself through the air on large engine.

Vlad