Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comparison Review Soon

IPSC_PRO

Here is a description or the Fletcher 625: This is a used gun that was customized as a project revolver used for display/show purposes by Richard Fletcher of Fletcher Custom Pistols, LLC (www.fletchercustompistols.com). This revolver is ideal for IDPA, ICORE, USPSA or to just have an excellent revolver to shoot. The following work was performed: Competition Action Work: Align yoke, center pin & ejector rod; set cylinder end shake; smooth cylinder rotation; set cylinder headspace, checked barrel/cylinder gap; action timed; polish action contact surfaces; set spring tensions; internal trigger overtravel stop; trigger rounded and polished; chamfered cylinder chambers Competition Accurizing Work: Barrel recrowned with 11 degree target crown; forcing cone recut; yoke ball detent Barrel length shortened from 5" to 4" Rounded & polished trigger Double action only with bobbed hammer Weigand interchangeable front sight system with green fiber optic blade Weigand competition rear sight blade Custom cylinder release (trimmed & checkered) Totally dehorned Glass bead blast stainless steel finish Pachmayr Gripper gr

Here is a description of the Wessinger 625: The late Pistolsmith Geo. Wessinger bobbed the hammer and did the action work plus added a 5" S&W brl. It has Hogue grips and is very accurate. Of course firing the ACP cartridge requires the use of Moon clips which will be supplied w/ the gun. This gun has been in the night stand beside my bed for the last 15 yrs.

The review will not include a live fire test as I do not wish to torture myself by watching someone else shoot my gun when I can't. Doctors orders;( grrrrrrr. lol.

It will be about two more weeks before the Fletcher comes in and home.

Edited by IPSC_PRO

The Wessinger is home :excl: Finally. Only been about two weeks but felt like two months. This gun is very nice. The five in is growing on me fast. I love dry firing. Feels smooth and medium trigger pull in comparison to my stock 686, around nine pounds as the sellar suggested. I can actually use the pads of my index trigger finger to pull the trigger. I have to cheat pass the pad of my trigger finger to get enough leverage to shoot my 686. My son is going to use this gun. I got the fletcher. I had to reapply for a permit to acquire so that means two weeks from today. Fletcher is telling me that the bank will not cash the certified check I mailed him. They told him it might take to the end of the week to clear. I dare not go to the range with this gun but I really do want someone to test fire it for me. I bought a 50 rd box of .45acp Winchesters. Twelve rounds. Six slow and six rapid fire. If the fletcher is better than this Wessinger, I will be forced to do a back flip. Bad back and all. Not really. See ya all. Ken

Wow those are nice revolvers :) Congrats and thanks for posting pics. take some pics or videos of you shooting it. also, what is the double action trigger pull weight?

Both guys say double action trigger weight pull is around 9 pounds. Both guns only shoot in double action only. Did you do a vid on youtube on trigger jobing a jm 625? Oh I wish I could just shoot. Doc says I'm not allowed to shoot yet;(

Wow those are nice revolvers :) Congrats and thanks for posting pics. take some pics or videos of you shooting it. also, what is the double action trigger pull weight?

Both guys say double action trigger weight pull is around 9 pounds. Both guns only shoot in double action only. Did you do a vid on youtube on trigger jobing a jm 625? Oh I wish I could just shoot. Doc says I'm not allowed to shoot yet;(

yeah I just recorded a video of my experience smoothening out the trigger on my 625 and installing the Jerry Miculek MIC-625 spring kit, reducing my trigger weight to 7.5-8lbs. I'm gonna go give it a go if it'll light up my Federal primers.

yeah I just recorded a video of my experience smoothening out the trigger on my 625 and installing the Jerry Miculek MIC-625 spring kit, reducing my trigger weight to 7.5-8lbs. I'm gonna go give it a go if it'll light up my Federal primers.

Excellent vid but way too technical for me right now. I saved it to my favs for future reference. I enjoyed your vid on reloading revolver using moon clips. Good view and good slow mo. My hands aren't large enough to handle the gun with one hand when ejecting the moon clip with my left hand. I have to keep my right hand on the handle as I'm ejecting with my left. I would be very satisfied to get to your level of reloading. Wish you had some revolver shooting competition uspsa or idpa vids. I got a lot to learn but I don't have to learn to love revos;)

Edited by IPSC_PRO

Excellent vid but way too technical for me right now. I saved it to my favs for future reference. I enjoyed your vid on reloading revolver using moon clips. Good view and good slow mo. My hands aren't large enough to handle the gun with one hand when ejecting the moon clip with my left hand. I have to keep my right hand on the handle as I'm ejecting with my left. I would be very satisfied to get to your level of reloading. Wish you had some revolver shooting competition uspsa or idpa vids. I got a lot to learn but I don't have to learn to love revos;)

thanks! I do have one IDPA video where I shot my 625, there's another match this Saturday, and I'll definitely post more videos on my channel soon. here's the link to that video :

I'm not very good with it, it was my first time shooting a wheelgun in IDPA. :)

thanks! I do have one IDPA video where I shot my 625, there's another match this Saturday, and I'll definitely post more videos on my channel soon. here's the link to that video :

I'm not very good with it, it was my first time shooting a wheelgun in IDPA. :)

That vid was totally awesome dude! Always wanted to say that. I was waiting for the right situation to come up, and it just did. The camera work was superb. It gave me that first person shooter feeling, like when I play combat arms on my pc;) And the second person cam perspective was icing on the cake. What caused the misfires? I will be looking forward to seeing your vids from this coming saturday. I'll be pulling for you bro. I can't shoot so do me a favor and shoot for the both of us. God bless Ken ps I just decided i will go and watch and film someone else shoot my gun....inspired by your vid. pss your 625 is nice too;) Glad you got rid of the JM stock grips. They just don't look good.

Edited by IPSC_PRO

That vid was totally awesome dude! Always wanted to say that. I was waiting for the right situation to come up, and it just did. The camera work was superb. It gave me that first person shooter feeling, like when I play combat arms on my pc;) And the second person cam perspective was icing on the cake. What caused the misfires? I will be looking forward to seeing your vids from this coming saturday. I'll be pulling for you bro. I can't shoot so do me a favor and shoot for the both of us. God bless Ken ps I just decided i will go and watch and film someone else shoot my gun....inspired by your vid. pss your 625 is nice too;) Glad you got rid of the JM stock grips. They just don't look good.

thanks man! The misfires were caused by light primer strikes on my very hard Wolf primer, and that's with the stock 12-13 lb trigger spring. I just loaded a few moonclips worth of 45 rounds with Federal primers, reduced my spring weight to 7.5lbs and it works FLAWLESSLY. I'm very happy and def going to shoot that combination on Saturday. It's amazing how the federal primers will light up even with such a light spring. No wonder everyone who shoots revolvers swear by it.

I will shoot for you Ken, will take first person videos too so you can see be there!! take care!

Just my 2 cents, I shoot a 625 also, (2 matches every weekend, USPSA/IDPA and some ICORE) and have not had a light hit in over 20,000 rounds. I use only Rem or Fed brass and use Ranch moonclips. The reason for no light hits is that I single stage deprime the brass and clean the primer pockets and hand seat with Fed primers. I know it's alot of work ( I then load on my 550) but it is worth it to me every time I see afellow revo shooter get a light hit. Good luck and welcome to revo world !!!

Just my 2 cents, I shoot a 625 also, (2 matches every weekend, USPSA/IDPA and some ICORE) and have not had a light hit in over 20,000 rounds. I use only Rem or Fed brass and use Ranch moonclips. The reason for no light hits is that I single stage deprime the brass and clean the primer pockets and hand seat with Fed primers. I know it's alot of work ( I then load on my 550) but it is worth it to me every time I see afellow revo shooter get a light hit. Good luck and welcome to revo world !!!

If I ever start getting misfires, I will keep this in mind.

Fletcher gun should be in by next week Tuesday!! Anything worth having is worth waiting for. Let's see now. What can I think about until next week Tuesday so four days won't feel like four weeks? I know. My next revo;) s&w 617 four inch barrel,or this one...Smith & Wesson 325 NIGHGUARD. Have you guys seen this gun? I'll try to post a pic later.

Edited by IPSC_PRO

NICE!!! Nightguard has a nice black finish.

It makes more sense to go with the 617. I would get more out of it like more shooting because of cheap .22lr round, but the Night guard is a very nice rugged, mean looking, bad *ss gun. You guys thinking what I'm thinking? Yea. I may have to get both;)

Hey bro. We did really good. 30th out of 90 shooter? In my books, that's good. I said "We" cause you said you would shoot for me. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed that vid. Great editing too. How did your trigger job feel shooting? Bet it felt nice. What's esr? Extra Super Revolver? lol. Reloads look good too. Sounds like you had a few misses. My feeling on that is, as long as I got at least one hit on the target, I feel alright. Not good but alright. The white targets are taboo for me. I don't ever want to hit those as they represent the good guys. How is your single action trigger pull? With a 7.5 trigger pull in da, sa must be even sweeter.

I have already decided on getting the 325 NightGuard for my next gun. It just feels like the right thing to do in my gut.

Ok no more chit chat. My 625 is supposed to come to maui tomorrow! I was just trying to keep from going crazy waiting for my gun to come. Tomorrow's the day bb!

Edited by IPSC_PRO