Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Best Time.

CZshooter

The Colt is working out pretty good. Picked up a 1991A1 in 9mm recently. So far it's been 100% reliable with ball. (Except for 1 stovepipe shooting SHO in a match, of course.)

Was at the range the other day for a short time and busted out the timer right before we had to leave. Timed a couple mozambiques. First one was about 1.5. The second was 1.37. I had to look and make sure it was getting all 3 shots! My best times w/ the CZ-75 were like 1.9, mostly over 2.0. Same holster, (Safariland 560) I fight on the CZ to get a firing grip on the draw and still reach the safety with my short thumbs. The safety on the 1911 is right under my thumb. The Colt still doesn't feel as "right" in my hands, but it's so much quicker to get the first shot off for me. Plus a crisper trigger and shorter reset helps on the splits.

Does this mean I'll have to change my name now? B)

I don't know about that Ron. ;)

Maybe I spoke too soon about having that Mozambique down. I just got back from the range and my best times tonight were 1.7 to 1.8, and I was missing the head shot sometimes at that speed. :(

Maybe my 1.37 was a fluke? Or I just need to practice until I find that "zone" again.

I'll speak for Ron and most good shooters here. ;) You are not calling your shot. You should know exactly where your shot hits when you do it.

The 1.37 could have been real or sometimes a timer misses a shot if it's sensativity is mis-adjusted. You shouldn't have to see "if" you made the shot. Also if you can do a 1.37 cold and then do 5 1.3X runs in a row you are achieving that level of skill. Not trying to discourage your development, actually trying to help you get there. Your energy and dedication are excellent.

OR you are at the 1.37 skill level range and went to the range the next practice, and TRIED. Trying is a killer of max performance. Good luck and remember only performance with all "A's" or 10's count in measuring performance for comparative analysis and improvement.

Trying is a killer of max performance.

I know that, but I guess i just can't help myself and forget occasionally. <_< And I was really trying to repeat that time.

I definately have seen a sizable performance improvement lately when I can just shoot, not "try" and "concentrate". Ruins my groove immediately every time.

Thanks guys, John. B)