Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

4.0 wsf + 147 gr xtp jhp+ ? what oal?

Mat Price

I cant find any data after searching for about an hour for a "real" oal for the xtp. All hogden gives is 147 jhp = max oal for wsf.

Does anyone have a suggestion? I was thinking around the lines 1.150 but that just seems long looking at it it does chamber well and extract. I was hoping to be between 1.100-1.125.

I need to make minor PF and i am afraid having them out that far and only using 4 grains is not going to cut it out of my glock 34

hogden gives 1.100 for everything BUT wsf on the 147 xtp.

Edited by Mat Price

OAL/COL is relative to the pistol and bullet you are using. There isn't any absolute OAL/COL which fits all pistols. If you are using your barrel as the case gauge and the loaded round passes that test and also fits in your mags then you have found a "usable" OAL. You are going to need a Chrony to determine what PF you are getting with your loads. Do you know someone that has one you can use? If your load is not meeting PF then you need to start adjusting your load/oal until you find one that gives you PF without any pressure signs. Trial and error-trial and error.