Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reticle opinion?

Mike P

Is there any concensus as to which is the better all around precision reticle, between the Leupold TMR and the standard (from Leupold) mil-dots?

I am about to have one changed and was thinking of going with mil-dots, but have been reading and the TMR seems to have some following, what are the advantages, diadvantages between the two?

TIA

Is there any concensus as to which is the better all around precision reticle, between the Leupold TMR and the standard (from Leupold) mil-dots?

I am about to have one changed and was thinking of going with mil-dots, but have been reading and the TMR seems to have some following, what are the advantages, diadvantages between the two?

TIA

I don't like the TMR the center cross does not meet and make a cross. I have a Horus SMOA ( shooter minute of angle ) and I like it verry much. I can do all of the hold over in the retical and don't half to dial in the dope. :cheers:

Of the two (std mil-dot vs. TMR) I would (and have) choose the TMR. I chose the TMR over the mil-dot because it has more hashmarks (but not too much). The extra hashmarks makes hold overs and ranging much easier than a standard mil-dot.

At the time I bought my scope all Leupold had was MOA adjustments. If I had made the purchase today I would try to get mil-adjustments to better match the reticle.