Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Highest capactiy possible (140mm)-XDm 40

d_striker

I've just got into USPSA and am hooked. I've decided to compete in Limited Division with my XDm 40. I shot a 21 round count stage with no mandatory reload. It kinda sucked having to reload for that last shot. It seems there are quite a few 24 count stages as well.

I have a couple of Arredondo base pads that takes capacity up to 19+1. I realize that Pistol Gear makes a base pad that takes it up to 20+1. Will using a Grams Follower and spring increase the capacity of both of the above mentioned base pads?

Flat out, what is the highest capacity possible while still keeping mag length at 140mm with the XDm 40? Is 23+1 a pipe dream?

Edited by d_striker

Canyon Creek makes some that are good for 21+1

I'd say that 23+1 isn't going to happen, I mean, it looks like the S_I guys can only get 21+1, maybe 22+1, with some tuning.

Those CC basepads, no tinkering.

My buddy has some and all he did was replace the guts with Grams and throw on the basepad.

Canyon Creek makes some that are good for 21+1

I'd say that 23+1 isn't going to happen, I mean, it looks like the S_I guys can only get 21+1, maybe 22+1, with some tuning.

Those CC basepads, no tinkering.

My buddy has some and all he did was replace the guts with Grams and throw on the basepad.

Thanks...I ordered a kit from Canyon Creek. Same price as PistolGear's base pad but I get 1 extra round.