Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

H&k P7 Problem

kdj

Just when I'm feeling pleased with myself since my open gun has now run a couple of thousand rounds with no issues, my H&K P7M8 has started to act up :angry:

It was flawless for the first few hundred rounds through it but the last few times I've shot, the slide has tended to stick in the fully open position. A good thump to the back of the slide brings it back into battery and then it may jam on the next round or it may work finr for a mag or two.

It isn't obvious what's causing this. The gun is well lubed. This problem started the first time the gun was cleaned and I tried Slide Glide on it. I've since cleaned that off and tried break free but it still seems to display the same problems.

I've asked a few gun-savvy people but the P7 is such a strange beast that even gunsmiths are mystified.

Does the collective wisdom of these boards have any idea what the cause might be or any suggestions as to a diagnostic process?

I wonder what I could have put together backwards given that there are only 3 parts in a field stripped P7?

This is annoying and leads me to believe that in addition to Murphy's Law, there is some universal principle of conservation on the number of working guns I can have at any one time :wacko:

Kevin

kdj, I recall having had the same problem with my P7M13. I think it happened most when it got really hot, or when I overlubed it.

You might want to try the P7 forum on:

www.parkcitiestactical.com

Good luck

Björn

Its almost always the same problem when the P7 slide sticks- you have really clean the piston cylinder. Use the tool that came with the gun and put pressure when turning. Clean out all the junk inside the cylinder. Lightly clean the piston also but not to the point where its shining.

Go real light on lubricant.

Should eliminate the problem.