Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to tune my compesator to work better on 165PF

SnivelingDramaQueen

Hello: You can tune your pistol by using different powder charges. My shorty 9mm with Bedell comp likes the power factor up around 173PF. It actually settles down and the recoil is less. I actually went down one pound on the recoil spring to an 8lb ISMI. I am still learning about comps and what makes a good one and what makes them shoot better. I know some powders I've tried make the dot do a little figure 8 dance even at lower power factors. Some do it at higher power factors. I am using 115 grain Montana Gold JHP's. The 115's work better for me and my style of shooting. Hope this helps and let us know how it works out. Thanks, Eric

My Bedell Ti likes it hot 175pf on a full size gun, shoots flat and soft with the big hole I put in the barrel, it's not a poppel hole its called a Ho Hell Hole but it sure tamed the beast. Recoil springs and load are about feel and preference when you get the right combination it works for you and that could be up or down but you don't know till you try it.

My appologies, after consideration that is bob's proprietary information and it wouldn't be right for me to pass it around.

Sorry

I am in the same boat. Again, if I were you, start small and do some testing.

why not just buy brazo's compensator? Bob has designed and worked

on that already! Save time and leave it to the expert and just

buy the brazo's comp SX.

I m ready to pay immediatly,but Brazos sell only to US!!!

Only what I have posibility to bye is new Trubor barrel including comp from German distributor for STI.

The newest design TruBore barrel and comp has straighter walls than the old design, but its no Brazos. The ports in the Brazos are wider deep and flatter than the trubore, and the comp wall are thinner, plus the holes in the side.. I have not shot the new design TruBore just saw it at a match, but the old one responded very well to poppel holes in the barrel. The TruBore comp is not as efficient and putting holes in the side could be counter productive, bleed off too much gas. I'd start with just holes in the last port.

why not just buy brazo's compensator? Bob has designed and worked

on that already! Save time and leave it to the expert and just

buy the brazo's comp SX.

I m ready to pay immediatly,but Brazos sell only to US!!!

Only what I have posibility to bye is new Trubor barrel including comp from German distributor for STI.

The newest design TruBore barrel and comp has straighter walls than the old design, but its no Brazos. The ports in the Brazos are wider deep and flatter than the trubore, and the comp wall are thinner, plus the holes in the side.. I have not shot the new design TruBore just saw it at a match, but the old one responded very well to poppel holes in the barrel. The TruBore comp is not as efficient and putting holes in the side could be counter productive, bleed off too much gas. I'd start with just holes in the last port.

Coco

Is this your gun

post-15680-080594700 1284750010_thumb.jp