Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Installed the Sprinco buffer

GunslingerDK

I took part in my 3rd match this weekend and ran into a guy I knew a few years back. He shoots a Limited Custom like me. And since there aren't that many Tanfo-guys around these parts, he's my go-to guy in case of emergencies. (okay maybe emergency is a bad word to use, we don't shoot STI's do we?)

He shoots open and said i should borrow his shock buffer and try it out, since he does not use it anymore. I did, and went to the range yesterday to try it out.

Gun is a Witness Limited, 9mm, with 8lbs Wolff spring.

Load is: 134gr LRN. N320/3.5gr. Velocity is a little shy of 1000fps. CBC brass and Magtech SP primers.

I must say I'm impressed. Just the thought that my slide no longer batters the frame with every shot makes me sleep a little better at night. The way the buffer cushins the slide makes for a softer recoil. I don't think felt recoil has deminished, but is has become softer. And because the slide is slowed down it actually feels like the action has become "shorter"! I find the gun cycles a little faster and that a percentage of the recoil just fades away.

I also tried it with my other load: 125gr lead spitzer with 3.6gr N320 - velocity is a little higher. The difference was greather with the heavier bullet.

Do any of you guys use one as well? What do you think about it??

I also shoot minor loads .38super (135gr LRN @ 970fps)

When I started shooting, I tried almost anything on my Limited.

From 6lbs to 10lbs Wolff springs, Sprinco with 6-7-8lbs Wolff springs.

Now that I'm over it, I settled on 8lbs Wolff spring.

I did use Sprinco for over a year and in my opinion, it will be more suitable for major loads.