Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MG 124 JHP Loads

hankfan79

I have been using a MG 124gr JHP over 3.8 of Titegroup. It is a very soft shooting load that the PF was about 128.

My OAL has been approx. 1.150 that I got from a thread here. It seem to be extremely long and ALMOST doesn't fit into the Glock magazine (G34).

Can someone else tell me what OAL they are using? I want to keep the same PF is possible. I found numerous threads but they were using a different MG bullet.

1.14 or 1.13 <--should I lower the powder charge?

Wes

Nothing wrong with 1.15" if it's running in the gun and fitting in the mags. If you shorten it up a little bit to clear the mags more, don't drop the powder charge. You're already too light if you ever go to a match with a chrono...you want to be well over 130PF (more like 135), and the side benefit is that most G34s run really well at 135PF+. Yes, the lower OAL will slightly increase the velocity, so that might push you closer to where you need to be. I've found 1.125" works well in both M&Ps, G34s and G17s. R,

Try 4.1gr of TG with an OAL of 1.135. That load got me 134 PF w/ a 124gr MG JHP and worked pretty well in my G34. Even with a 13lb spring my G34 really doesn't eject brass with authority until I get up to around 135pf. That is fine if the gun is clean but after about 1000 rounds I started having ejection issues with 130pf loads. That probably doesn't matter if you clean your gun often and don't need to worry about making power factor...

P.S. I notice a feel a bigger reduction in recoil going from 124gr -> 147gr bullet @ 135pf than I do going from 130->135pf using a 124gr bullet if that makes sense.

Edited by blind bat