Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sphinx Search / View New Content Duplicate Topics

benos

At this point I'm thinking a couple things.

If the only problem with VNC/Sphinx is that it gets a few duplicate threads - after you have logged out - and a search with Sphinx is approx. 90% more accurate than a Traditional search, lets just leave it to Sphinx and just ignore the duplicate threads. I know it's not perfect but having the search engine work with Sphinx is very important for a searching a database as large as ours. And it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to overlook a few duplicate results.

And to mention again, from the Search / Sphinx thread, it appeared that logging out fixed the inconsistent results bug with Sphinx for everyone. So after I set it back to Sphinx, if you don't think VNC is returning accurate results, please include in your post that you logged, and logged back in before testing it.

be

As a "brief" test for accuracy, I did a VNC while still set to Traditional, and then in a new window did a VNC after changing to Sphinx. And the results were exactly the same, with the addition of this Topic I just started in with VNC / Sphiinx. And didn't log out for that test of course.

be