Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from NW Montana

Melvin-Purvis

Hi Guys, Sheldon Wickersham from Kalispell here. I'm a director at the Bigfork Gun Club, and have been competing in the IDPA style Defensive Pistol and three-gun matches there for the last few years. I ran my first USPSA match, also a three-gun match, a few days ago with some of the local USPSA shooting regulars. I liked the experience, enjoyed the shoot quite a bit, and as such a few of my friends and fellow shooters recommended this website.

As a way of introduction, in addition to what's posted above - I'm 49, widowed, a retired defense contractor EE type, have been shooting for ~30 years, and wrote the Randall Knives Reference Book sold at the Randall Shop.

Of the six stages run on Saturday, two each pistol, rifle, and shotgun - I came in sixth overall of twelve shooters, and fourth on both 'Every Other' Rifle (Virginia count, two extra shots, -40 points down total); and again on 'Take a Hike' pistol (Comstock, no extra shots taken) with all A's and a C...just ran that one a little slow. Came in 5th on Speed Steel 12 Ga. too with a pump Mossberg - no misses, no extra shots, no penalties.

So, I like the sport, would like to learn more, and just wanted to say hi.

Shel

Edited to add - firearms used were all box stock w/factory sights. BHP 9mm, Oly Arms CAR-15 w/integral handle and A2 sights (I know, the only one that works), and a Mossberg 500 6-shot 18" cylinder bore w/bead front sight. I've owned all of these at least 15 years...

Edited by Melvin-Purvis