Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

extraction problem

rupture

I've already posted on Henning's forum about this because the gun is Tan v12. The problem is the extractor claw is coming off the case during ejection leaving the spent case in the chamber. The next round feeds and it jams.I have to drop the mag, which allows the slide to close and rack, then the spent case ejects. It was doing this with a tuned 38sc extractor, so I changed to the 9mm extractor and a stronger spring. It does'nt happen as much but still does it. I've put a live round under the extractor and it seems to have perfect tension. Anyone have any idea as to the cause? It's 38sc and I case guage the rounds prior. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I've already posted on Henning's forum about this because the gun is Tan v12. The problem is the extractor claw is coming off the case during ejection leaving the spent case in the chamber. The next round feeds and it jams.I have to drop the mag, which allows the slide to close and rack, then the spent case ejects. It was doing this with a tuned 38sc extractor, so I changed to the 9mm extractor and a stronger spring. It does'nt happen as much but still does it. I've put a live round under the extractor and it seems to have perfect tension. Anyone have any idea as to the cause? It's 38sc and I case guage the rounds prior. Thanks

Tanfoglio dont have 38 SC extractor only 38 Super Auto,you must to use 9mm extractor if you want to shoot 38SC also you must to remove some material from small pin on extractor left side,then extractor catch the case harder and you solve your problem. 10 minutes job