Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EFK Firedragon Barrel

Cy Soto

I was talking to a friend yesterday who mentioned that he was considering purchasing an EFK Firedragon Barrel for his XD 45. He didn't know much about this particular brand and neither do I.

Does anyone here have any experience with the EFK Firedragon Standard Barrels? If so, would you recommended them?

I have been doing some reading on the web but there is very little information about them. Some folks have mentioned that they have "issues" but I haven't found any specific problems being mentioned.

My buddy said that he would have preferred to go with a better recognized brand but no manufacturer seem to currently have any in stock for his XD45 and the waiting period to have a new barrel cut is somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 to 10 weeks.

I have been doing some reading on the web but there is very little information about them. Some folks have mentioned that they have "issues" but I haven't found any specific problems being mentioned.

My buddy said that he would have preferred to go with a better recognized brand but no manufacturer seem to currently have any in stock for his XD45 and the waiting period to have a new barrel cut is somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 to 10 weeks.

That right there kinda says something considering they've been around for years.

Specifically, we work with match barrels, and their specs wander all over on the ones we've had folks send in to be installed. Some are good, some are horrible. IE. Match grades so far undersized they can't be used, and getting 3 replacements before one came in that could be used.