Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which AR15 bolt assembly?

rexican

I recently picked up another lower receiver, and am dedicating it to my 20" upper with a JP enterprise adjustable gas block. I need a new bolt, and plan on spending around $150 on the assembly. I am torn between a daniel defense, bushmaster, or DPMS bolt assembly. they are all around the same price, but I only have experience with the bushmaster. Is one greater than the others, and am I missing anything incredible by going with these brands instead of a JP or other more expensive bolt? I have seen bolt carriers that cost more than the whole assembly I am looking at. Thanks for any help.

Edited by rexican

With the testing that I've done, you'd probably be better to save up a little bit more and run the JP Low-Mass bolt carrier ($198 dealer cost)and the Low-Mass buffer ($48). Then just pick up a decent bolt from DPMS to complete the assembly.

I shot my competition AR next to my SWAT Entry Gun one day. Both have the same compensator; the comp gun is a 20" and the Entry Gun is a 16. The Entry Gun was VIOLENT. So, I swapped bolts out and the Entry Gun became just as smooth as the heavier and longer comp gun, even thought it doesn't have the Adjustable Gas Block.