Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Shortest Trigger For Sti/svi

Newguy

In another post, one forum member mentioned that the 2nd knuckle should be bent at about 90 degrees to the trigger. This got me looking at my STI to see where my knuckle bent. Not even close to 90 degrees and that's with the STI short curved trigger. This has practical consequences since to get a decent surface means that my strong hand (I'm a leftie) is touching the frame and steering the gun. Otherwise, only a tiny part of my finger touches the trigger.

Well, I thought I'd look for the smallest trigger I could find and started with Brownells. Turns out that the STI short curved is 2.31" long while the SVI Infinity short curved is 2.1" (their short flat trigger is 2.2"). The regular STI long is 2.44" and the Infinity long curved is 2.3" which is the same as the short STI.

Since I don't have STI and Infinity triggers to compare, has anyone seen a difference between the two? Is the SVI with the short insert actually shorter than the STI short or is it just a difference in how the companies measure their triggers/bows? I'd hate to plunk down the money for an SVI to find there's no difference. If they are the same, I suppose I could epoxy the inside of the STI short curved trigger and file it down.

Newguy,

In a situation like this you need to get the SV interchangable trigger system and then you can change inserts without even taking the gun apart. I currently have a short flat and technically could machine it down further, if needed, as it is aluminum. To be extreme you could remove the insert completely but it would barely protrude from the grip, but it would still be shootable. I believe that, if the short is still too long, you may need to have the grip modified/contoured to make it smaller in your hand and give you more reach for the trigger.

Leo