Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tac Pro Shooting Center Fall 3Gun

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn Sheldon killed all of us on Stage 5. He was 20+ seconds ahead of the next best time. I wonder what the trick was? I know I spent 20-30 seconds on the rifle at least and still had to take a miss penalty in the second target but that doesn't get me even close to his time.

Imagine being in a track meet and someone being three times faster than you in two of five events! HA

There is a wide canyon between the top 3-5 and the rest of the field. I can see a top 10 some day, but Respect goes to those way up there. Nice shootin.

DC

Not my best match, and Stage one,, Or whatever one was the pistol stage, was the stage I liked the best, the other stages,,, not so much,, just a low fun factor,, on them for me,, ( sorry )

Need real rifle stages,,, and hmmm with my own Rifle!

The two sons,, had a good time, and yup,, Luke the young one beat Eric the older one!!

Luke is going to be talking big stuff on that during Thanksgiving, when the older Brother and his wife come to visit!! Good stuff!

Damn Sheldon killed all of us on Stage 5. He was 20+ seconds ahead of the next best time. I wonder what the trick was? I know I spent 20-30 seconds on the rifle at least and still had to take a miss penalty in the second target but that doesn't get me even close to his time.

Imagine being in a track meet and someone being three times faster than you in two of five events! HA

There is a wide canyon between the top 3-5 and the rest of the field. I can see a top 10 some day, but Respect goes to those way up there. Nice shootin.

DC

Thanks! I will give you my secret (not that its really a secret) to the win on stage 2 with the coach prop gun. #1 get the gun that loaded faster and had easier to cock hammers. #2 do not miss! Then the only thing I did differently than the other squad mates that I watched was that I shot those odd 3 and 5 shot arrays with one round on the odd target and then reloaded that one round instantly. I wish I had those patience on stage 3 with my fast shooting shotgun. I missed at least 3 or 4 times and had to do a standing reload twice.

Edited by jtischauser

DC

I had the same thought. I know of a few mental mistakes I made, a few errors, but in general I was moving pretty fast. So when I looked at the scores and saw that people were more than twice as fast as me it made me think 'What would it take to get to that level'? The honest answer is more time, money, and commitment than I will every be willing/able to put out. Oh well. I still had a good time.

jrmock

As far as I know Ken, nobody got a choice. We were the first squad up and the even numbered shooting order got the nice, new, good gun and the odd number got the older clunker. By the time I got to the end of that stage my forearm was throbbing from cocking the hammers.

DC

I had the same thought. I know of a few mental mistakes I made, a few errors, but in general I was moving pretty fast. So when I looked at the scores and saw that people were more than twice as fast as me it made me think 'What would it take to get to that level'? The honest answer is more time, money, and commitment than I will every be willing/able to put out. Oh well. I still had a good time.

jrmock

I hear you. The willing is OK but the able is trouble. Pretty expensive hobby.

DC

As far as I know Ken, nobody got a choice. We were the first squad up and the even numbered shooting order got the nice, new, good gun and the odd number got the older clunker. By the time I got to the end of that stage my forearm was throbbing from cocking the hammers.

Yep. We didn't get a choice either. It had to be the old one. Super stiff cocking. HA - never had to type that sentence before!

They had to go repair it half way through our squad. Two guys got to reshoot it was messing up so bad.

My technique was decent, but my strategy was poor.

DC