Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Overtravel Stop

Garrett

A while back, there was an article in Front Sight about installing a screw in the front of the Glock trigger bar to get rid of the trigger take-up. While this may or may not be a good idea (because it can override some of the gun's internal safeties) I wanted to do the same thing at the rear of the trigger bar as an overtravel stop. Anyone remember what size machine screw they used make this mod?

• 4 months later...

Yes, these screws do work, and the internal safety is still fully functional, because I was the one that designed it for the Front Site article. But you have to cut the notch in the trigger safety tab for this to work properly. DO NOT put the screws in the trigger housing without that modification. I have put about 50,000 rounds thru a G34 & G35 without a hitch. The screw size for the front of the trigger housing to remove take up, is 2X56X1/4. The size for the rear of the trigger housing to remove overtravel is 4X40X3/8. Drill this hole slightly under center, so as to make square contact with the trigger cruciform when it makse it's downward travel. Do not screw this one in to far, or it will stop it from firing altogether. And then you will have a hell of a time getting the slide off. If this happens, contact me, and I'll walk you thru the process of removing the slide.

Glockmechanic :D

But you have to cut the notch in the trigger safety tab for this to work properly. DO NOT put the screws in the trigger housing without that modification.

Can you provide more info about the notch in the trigger safety?

How do you test that the drop safety and trigger block safety have not been disabled by the modifications? I would think that a set screw in the front of the window trigger housing would easily impair the drop safety.

Thanks,

-Vincent