Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bad Bob (Bob Jones) trigger job

underlug

Underlug, We used to have the actions shortened with the "Roller Kit" :ph34r: from Cylinder and slide. They have since discontinued them. By slightly changing the geometrics of the hammer and trigger you can make the throw shorter. I have two K frames, One with the Roller kit and one that Gene Msrshall did and the one by Gene is a tad shorter according to the ones that have played with it. I cannot tell which one is the shorter but I know both are shorter strokes than the stock. It is a trade off. Shorter pull needs a little heavier pull to light them off. Not very much on the K frames but the N Frame seems to work a bit harder with the Roller Kit. Just my opinion, Hey have you been getting my e-mails? later rdd

Underlug, We used to have the actions shortened with the "Roller Kit" :ph34r: from Cylinder and slide. They have since discontinued them. By slightly changing the geometrics of the hammer and trigger you can make the throw shorter. I have two K frames, One with the Roller kit and one that Gene Msrshall did and the one by Gene is a tad shorter according to the ones that have played with it. I cannot tell which one is the shorter but I know both are shorter strokes than the stock. It is a trade off. Shorter pull needs a little heavier pull to light them off. Not very much on the K frames but the N Frame seems to work a bit harder with the Roller Kit. Just my opinion, Hey have you been getting my e-mails? later rdd

I remember the roller kit. I was hoping this was something different/super secret gonna give me an advantage over everybody kind of thing....:)

I suppose Randy Lee would have already thought of a way to shorten the action while retaining the light pull if it was possible. I find when the buzzer goes off the weight of the pull is not much of a factor for me, so, I might prefer the shorter pull to the lightened action.

Edited by underlug