Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ customization questions

Macca

Hey guys,

A few questions to people who know about the CZ's

I'm looking at getting one but want to do something a little different. In Australia the govt basically banned everything that is over .38 in bore diameter unless you go through a hell of a lot of hoops for special permits and such which you can't get just for something like ipsc.

So what I'm wondering is rather than just owning yet another 9mm gun.... has anyone converted a CZ 97 to a 38/45 or has anyone converted the 40 cal cz to a 357 sig? and how difficult is it to get a barrel?

I realize that a lot of people would just say oh well just get a 9mm and be happy.....but I want something I can load up a bit, and something more unique....I'm going to attempt to shop around local barrel makers here but everything seems to be 1911's

If anyone has any info etc I'd be grateful.

Seems it would be easiest to ream a 9mm barrel to .357. Converting a CZ97 to .357 would present the question "what mag?"

.40 cal mags....

but I should say....I wouldnt convert the 97 to 357....i'd get the .40 cal 75 and convert it

Angus had a TS converted to 357Sig. Thought he did it specifically for your market, actually.

There was also a guy on the CZ forum selling a 357sig conversion forum for a 40 Rami. I'm wanting to say I've seen a '75SA 40 converted to 357Sig as well. Seems as though it would likely be the most practical of your two options....

Seems it would be easiest to ream a 9mm barrel to .357. Converting a CZ97 to .357 would present the question "what mag?"

9mm barrel does not have a big enough OD or ID to ream it for 357 Sig.

I realize that a lot of people would just say oh well just get a 9mm and be happy.....but I want something I can load up a bit,

I have shot my 9mm Major rounds through a stock CZ with no ill effects......115gr JHP travelling 1520 fps is "loaded up a bit"!!!