Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 650 Lube Procedure

Thanks, I was just cleaning my 650 to start reloading for our July monthly match.

Just a thought but, you might want to include the version of the manual your refering when you mention page numbers. I have an other version & my pages didn't line up. :roflol:

Manny

Thanks, I was just cleaning my 650 to start reloading for our July monthly match.

Just a thought but, you might want to include the version of the manual your refering when you mention page numbers. I have an other version & my pages didn't line up. :roflol:

Manny

Yeah your right - its the May 2007 - the one off the Dillon web site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks a bunch for the detailed lube instructions. I gave the 650 the works today. I did it once before, primarily to disassemble the main press linkage and check the grease in there, since the provided lube holes are inadequate. Good thing I did, because the grease had started to dry and there was some discoloration on one of the pins. This is something not to be overlooked, particularly for people who may not be aware that this is a dissimilar metals situation- the frame of the press being an aluminum alloy, and the pins steel. Anyway, I got all the rest of those lube points today, and is that press ever smooth!

• 3 weeks later...