Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian 40 Mags

DaG

I just got 4 of the new 40 cal. mags from Caspian. Can anyone tell me if Grams has followers for the new style mags? I did a search here but can't find any info on followers. I saw Allen Meeks posts from a couple of years ago about the mags holding 20 rds but can barely fit 16 rds in mine with the hi cap basepad. I clipped 1 coil and could get 17 but the last rd did not set up against the feed lips. Any body got any info? Thanks in advance.

DaG

I just got 4 of the new 40 cal. mags from Caspian. Can anyone tell me if Grams has followers for the new style mags? I did a search here but can't find any info on followers. I saw Allen Meeks posts from a couple of years ago about the mags holding 20 rds but can barely fit 16 rds in mine with the hi cap basepad. I clipped 1 coil and could get 17 but the last rd did not set up against the feed lips. Any body got any info? Thanks in advance.

DaG

Something seems wrong....I can easily fit 18 rounds in a new Caspian 40 mag, and I have never clipped a Caspian mag spring.

P.S. I have never had 1000% reliability with the Grams followers in Caspian 40 hi-cap mags, and yes I've ran both the SV/STI and Tanfoglio varieties.

In my Caspian 40's I use Arrendondo's white delrin follower for the Tanfo mags. I get 20 rounds with no slide lock issue. I found the original springs not good ie. weak and replaced with wolff +10% springs for STI mags. Mags and gun run great.