Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Surefire Gun Mags

Normally I would contact the manufacturer before posting something like this, but I can't find a phone number or e-mail for Surefire on their site and the packaging my mags came in doesn't appear to have contact information.

I have some relatively new Surefire Mags that I've only had since the end of April. They worked fine down here in AZ, but started choking (slow feeding) when I was up in Idaho last week. They were clean and not full of Parma moon dust. Manually feeding rounds out when they are not in the gun I can see that they are sometimes dragging feeding up. This is usually worse when the mags are loaded with more than eight shells. It appears the springs are just too weak to consistently feed more than eight. I've never had this problem with any of my AGPs, but I'm using a mag-well that requires using Surefires. The mags misfeeding cost me several arrays of double clay launchers at +10 per clay so I'm a little unhappy about that.

Does anyone have Surefire Gun Mags contact information? If not, suggestions on how to fix this?

Sorry, initially had the wrong company. Have you tried one of their dealers or distributors?

http://www.surefiregunmags.com/index.php3?pageid=DealersandDistributors.htm

I might do that just to try to get their contact info. Their website states dealers have nothing to do with the warranty process though:

Each mag is sealed in a 4 mil plastic sleeve with mag warranty information enclosed. Our Tech Support and / or five year free replacement policy is one of the best. This is a once-sold-forget-it item for the dealer. We handle everything after the sale on the rare occasion that there should be a manufacturing defect.
http://www.surefiregunmags.com/index.php3?pageid=MagWarranties.htm

I am sure Greg at Carolina Shooter's Supply could get you in contact with Surefire.

FWIW, I was running the 12 rd. clear surefires at MGM and had no mag related problems at all. I bought my mags over a year ago so there very well could be a spring issue if your mags are a newer lot.