Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My 550 finally arrived!

After waiting forever...OK, only 7 days.....my new 550 finally arrived today. Arrived around 5:45pm, and I was heading out to a baseball game at 6pm. Needless to say, it was painful sitting there at the game knowing there were boxes at home waiting to be opened! So I get home and start unpacking. I've had a few beers, so I know I'm not going to try and install the whole thing. I grabbed the packing list to make sure I got everything, and lo and behold, the instructional DVD was not in the box, it's on backorder. Damn! As I am new to reloading, I was planning on sitting down and watching that from start to finish to really get to know my new equipment.

So my questions to you are:

1 - Does the DVD explain how to set up the machine, or do you need to rely solely on the instructions that came with it? I realize i need to still watch it, and will when I get it before i start reloading, but I want to at least get the machine set up. Am I missing any good setup info by not watching the video?

2 - Does anyone have the 550 DVD and would be kind enough to loan me theirs until I get mine? ( I'm going to call Dillon tomorrow and see how long the wait should be ) But if you're in the Greenville/Spartanburg, SC area I'd be happy to swing by and pick it up. Otherwise I'd be willing to pay the shipping costs.

Thanks!

Read the instructions once through. Then read them while you assemble the machine. I don't own the DVD but the instructions are excellent. So many tips that I can't see how they would make a video as good and informative. I guess you could watch the video before you assemble it as well.

I never bought the DVD. just watched this guys series of videos.

Very easy to set up!

My only advice is make sure whatever you mount the press to MUST be rock solid and preferably bolted to the wall and or floor. ANY movement of the press can create issues.

Good luck

I never bought the DVD. just watched this guys series of videos.

I just found these videos the other day, and bookmarked them. He makes it look very easy. I liked that in the beginning he says something like "the instructional video is good, but I'll show you some setup tips they dont", or something like that.

Thanks for the info though.

[pet peeve] What is with people needing You Tube and DVD's to do anything any more? Written instructions are important and should be read and followed. They will help you in the future when you have a problem and need help. You will remember "I read about that in my instructions"[/pet peeve]

Edited by 98sr20ve

[pet peeve] What is with people needing You Tube and DVD's to do anything any more? Written instructions are important and should be read and followed. They will help you in the future when you have a problem and need help. You will remember "I read about that in my instructions"[/pet peeve]

Not relying on You Tube or DVD's. I just like to have the most amount of information I can get my hands on.

I plan on setting up the 550 per the instructions that came with the unit. I simply asked if there is anything on the DVD that isn't in the instructions. The YouTube videos are nice video visuals to back up the written instructions.