Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multi gun match June 19th, West Texas

Hi Folks,

We are holding a 4 stage multi gun match June 19th, 1pm at the www.wtps.us range west of Lubbock, near Levelland Texas. Cost is $15. We'll shoot 3 stages with two guns & 1 stage with all 3. It should be challenging to all level of shooters but doable for any safe shooter of any level.

Come on out, should be a fun time!

MLM

Hi Folks,

We are holding a 4 stage multi gun match June 19th, 1pm at the www.wtps.us range west of Lubbock, near Levelland Texas. Cost is $15. We'll shoot 3 stages with two guns & 1 stage with all 3. It should be challenging to all level of shooters but doable for any safe shooter of any level.

Come on out, should be a fun time!

MLM

If I still lived in WT I'd for sure drop by! Mike F.

For anyone interested, here are the round counts & a little "match" talk.

Minimum round count is 60 rifle, 65 pistol, 39 birdshot & 2 slugs!!!!

Be sure you bring plenty of ammo, though. You may have to slow down to hit some of the targets this time. How about no shoots near the bird shot targets???? HMMMM. How big is that pattern out that far???? Things we can learn at this match. We may also have clay pigeons to be shot with your rifle or pistol, you just never know :-). Also, the slotted "torture device" will be making another appearance.

Although the match will be challenging to all shooters, even new folks will be able to manage the stages. If you are new & interested, come on out. If you don't have all 3 guns to play, we can fix you up.

One more thing, please be sure there is no steel in your rifle ammo. Steel case is ok but the actual projectile can NOT have any steel in it. If you have any doubt at all, grab a magnet & stick it up next to the bullet. If it sticks to it, it will damage our steel targets so please don't bring anything like that.

You folks come on out, should be fun!!!!

MLM

Thanks Mike! You still shooting lots of "orange" birds?

MLM

Mostly sporting and some FITASC. Pretty tough competition down on the Gulf Coast. Do have a new 6.8 that I've been working on the right set-up. My son is a senior at Tech and may drop by to say "hello". The "little guy" that followed us around Midland is now 6'2".

Mike

6'2???? Holy cow Mike!!! They do grow up fast, don't they? Glad you are still shooting. Come by anytime & give me a shout. 806-777-1272. You get time, we could run out to Rustic Range & maybe you could give me some shotgun pointers. I do ok with folks that don't shoot much shotgun but real SG guys can put me in the dirt! hahaha. If your son shoots, tell him about our club, would you? www.wtps.us . It is a 45 mile drive out, NW of Levelland.

Give me a shout!

Mark Miller