Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what LEE disk do i use for 125gr lead with hp-38

i started with the .43 slot and then went up to the .46 slot, my scale only does full grains. i think i might have put to much powder in. any know use hp-38 or w231 and lee disks know how mush powder they toss out? thanks

Edited by trusm0ka

I just checked my Lee disks and don't have a .47 hole on my disk. I have a .46 and a .49 hole. The .46 dispenses 5.0g and the .49 dispenses 5.3g according to the Lee Table I have-these are approximate figures. For example you may have to actually use the .49 hole to get 5g. Lee is on the conservative side when it comes to estimating how much powder is thrown.

Look here

That just tells you how much powder each disk should put out.

I would recommend some reloading manuals for development of your load if you have not loaded before.

The Lee Modern Reloading Manual 2nd Ed. is fairly cheap & widely available. Multiple manuals are better than one.

I am fairly new to reloading myself. I am just passing on some of the good advice wise & kind folks shared with me.

A better scale would help as well. It would seem impossible to get a good reading with a scale that only reads full grains.

Edited by furyalecto

I dont have any info on either of those powders but for a very small outlay of cash you can get a scale that will measure tenths of a grain and not need to trust your limbs to anybody. YOU NEED A SCALE (Sorry) and please be careful!

we want to see more posts from you :)

B

well my buddy shoot 2 rd, they shot fine, just extra loud. he said there fine.lol. my gun say not rated for +p ammo, and i think this might be +p, so i'll be safe rather than sorry. shootin 2 bullets is one thing, but shootin 100 in a row would probally cause some problems, righ or wrong?

Edited by trusm0ka