Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Independence Day Action Rifle Match

Rules, Application, etc here:

http://www.azcdl.org/html/rifle_match.html

You are invited to participate in the fifth annual AzCDL Independence Day Action Rifle Match on July 4, 2010.

This event is hosted by the Pima Pistol Club ACTS Division.

As a benefit match, all net proceeds will benefit AzCDL. All participants will receive a free one year AzCDL membership.

AzCDL will provide lunch for all match participants.

Pima Pistol Club

13990 N. Lago Del Oro Parkway

Catalina, AZ 85739

The range office phone is (520) 825-3603. Please only call them for directions to the range. They cannot provide any information about the match.

For information about the match, please contact Russell Phagan. sinistralrifleman@hotmail.com

Cost:

The total match fee is $40.

$25 must be paid in advance to AzCDL.

You can pay AzCDL online or mail in your application.

The remaining $15 is payable to the Pima Pistol Club when you sign in for the match.

Date and Time:

Sunday, July 4, 2010

8:30 AM - Sign in

9:00 AM - Shooters Briefing

(Immediately following the shooters briefing, all ranges go “hot”)

1:00 PM - Shooting is finished and range clean up begins

2:00 PM - Scores and Prizes

What to bring:

A rifle and at least 200 rounds of ammo

Lots of water/drinks

Sunscreen

Frequently Asked Questions

How much ammo do I need?

A minimum of 160 rounds is needed, but we recommend 200-250 in case of misses or you need to reshoot a stage.

How far out are the targets?

Pima Pistol Club offers us the ability to shoot to 200 yards. Expect targets from 0-200 yards.

How big are the targets?

Targets will be no smaller than 4 MOA at range.

What firearms will I need?

Rifles only please. We ask that you leave your handguns, and any other firearm you are not using for the match, in your vehicle to comply with the “Cold Range” rules. Handguns are not required on any stage of the match.

How is the event scored?

Scoring is based on the time it takes you to complete the stages with penalties added in the form of time. The lowest time wins in each division.

How physically challenging is this match?

Expect some short sprints, shooting from kneeling and prone, and some obstacle negotiations. If you have physical limitations, we can find a way to accommodate you.

I don’t think I have the right equipment?

All you need is a rifle that has been sighted in and the proper ammunition. You don’t need magazine carriers; just throw the magazines in your pockets if that’s all you have. Shooting the match will give you the opportunity to learn how well your equipment works and to see what other people are using.

I don’t think I’m ready for a competition.

No one is ever ready for their first competition. It is simply something that cannot be fully prepared for until you have done it. Focus on being safe, making your hits, and having a good time. Don’t go faster that your skill levels will let you. This is a charity match for a good cause, and prizes are awarded by random drawing. Even if you score poorly, you can still win something cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Open

Kelly Neal

Paul S

Tom R

Scope

Kalani L

Mark S

Mark P

Reflex (red dot optics only)

Richard Bhella

Russell Phagan

Brian B

Iron

Keith M

Blaine W

Jon C

55 shooters total

Top 5 Results

Kelly Neal Open

Kalani L Scope

Mark S Scope

Richard Bhella Reflex

Russell Phagan Reflex

Full Results

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab131/SinistralRifleman/2010%20Independence%20Day%20Action%20Rifle/2010-1.jpg

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab131/SinistralRifleman/2010%20Independence%20Day%20Action%20Rifle/2010-2.jpg

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab131/SinistralRifleman/2010%20Independence%20Day%20Action%20Rifle/2010-3.jpg

Thanks to AzCDL and the Pima Pistol Club ACTS Division for putting this together.

Great day, enjoyed the cooler weather.

Well run match. Can’t believe I stuck around for teardown & awards and still made it home by 3:30.

Special thanks goes out to all the volunteers and sponsors! :bow:

Congrats to kellyn. :cheers:

Thanks!

It was fun match. 4 stages, all of which had some movement. There was CQB hoser, a mid range (140 ish) standards, a troublesome barricade, and a sprint.

As always, Russell and crew do a great match w/ very few props. And I can't believe the great weather we had!