Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area Match

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up 27th in Single Stack. Not the best finish, but I met my goals (no DQ, have fun, learn and watch good shooters). I have shot one local match since Area 5, and will not get to shoot in July due to a busy schedule. I did get signed up for Area 3 and the IL Sectional in August. I have a month to get ready, I'm going to work on moving faster. I took my time at Area 5 and have lots of room for improvement.

I ended up 27th in Single Stack. Not the best finish, but I met my goals (no DQ, have fun, learn and watch good shooters). I have shot one local match since Area 5, and will not get to shoot in July due to a busy schedule. I did get signed up for Area 3 and the IL Sectional in August. I have a month to get ready, I'm going to work on moving faster. I took my time at Area 5 and have lots of room for improvement.

They don't get any harder than Area 5 buddy. Those stages were some of the toughest you will ever see. :devil:

JT

They don't get any harder than Area 5 buddy. Those stages were some of the toughest you will ever see. :devil:

JT

Very true. Both a fun and challenging match. Oh, and thanks again for inviting all of those No-shoots to the match :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Ain't nothing to it but to do it! If you got some doubts, just observe the first time out. Watch the RO's, take part in the safety briefing, talk to shooters and take it all in. For your first time out, tell the Match Director that you're new and may need a coach for the match. They'll probably team you up with somebody who will be a tremendous help. Most of the matches that I've participated in take special interest in new shooter. That's the way we keep thing going. Good luck and good shooting!

Just saw this thread and glad you had fun at Area 5. I'll be at Area 3 myself for my first major match since I just started competing this year. I'm uber excited and still getting my practice in so I don't look like the complete NOOB I am. I know I'll be focusing on shooting safely and having fun as well. I'll be shooting 1 day format on Friday and then coming back Saturday to watch a lot of my friends and some big names shoot.

Just saw this thread and glad you had fun at Area 5. I'll be at Area 3 myself for my first major match since I just started competing this year. I'm uber excited and still getting my practice in so I don't look like the complete NOOB I am. I know I'll be focusing on shooting safely and having fun as well. I'll be shooting 1 day format on Friday and then coming back Saturday to watch a lot of my friends and some big names shoot.

I am shooting on Saturday, squad 47. Stop by if you have time, 47 has a few shooters you might want to see. I was just looking at my days off and I have four left to live fire before the match. So far I'm just looking to improve from the last match and have fun. I can't wait to see some of the top shooters in action. I'm sure glad my wife took a girls weekend during this match. :)

I am shooting on Saturday, squad 47. Stop by if you have time, 47 has a few shooters you might want to see. I was just looking at my days off and I have four left to live fire before the match. So far I'm just looking to improve from the last match and have fun. I can't wait to see some of the top shooters in action. I'm sure glad my wife took a girls weekend during this match. :)

Awesome. I may just do that. I'll be touring the Hornady factory on Saturday morning as well. I have Travis T. and Ben S. (not dropping full names just in case they don't want them dropped ;) )shooting a couple squads behind me on Friday and I'll have my Dad get some video of them shooting courses I shot previously so I can compare what I did to what they did as a learning tool. See you there and good luck.