Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forgetting to engage

HICKMAN

• 2 weeks later...

I hear you, I was (again) the king of irony yesterday.

Was walking through a new shooter, helping him break down the stage and reminding him to scan the area to ensure he engaged them all... then shot the stage and forgot to take my own advice. Got caught up on a longer target, first calling a miss, then talked myself out of it, then realized I was taking too much time debating with myself about it, and started blazing away.

Once I realized what I had done, I just blew it off, determined to do better on the next stage. Shot probably the best two stages ever for me.

baby steps, I know. I'm having fun and finally bought Brian's book :bow:

• 2 weeks later...

I think all of us have done it at least once, don't beat yourself up for it.

Just did it myself last month, said to myself before I started the run not to forget a far 20 yard target. I shot the steel that triggered a swinger and as soon as I saw the swinger move..forgot all about that stupid far target. You live and learn

well idk sometimes its questionable because i have had FTEs before and last time i was like ''ya make sure you dont do that again'' but then next time rolls around and it does happen again. i slap myself

It just show you how much really goes into this sport. There is alot of focus and planning that needs to take place to have a really good run. I guess that one of the reasons we all love it so much.

Edited by jaymitch