Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

p226 magwell

RussellM

I am currently shooting production division with my p226 in 9mm, my question is if I am allowed to flare the inside of the factory magwell and possibly bevel the factory grips to match. I practice mag changes quite a bit and the mags catch on the magwell really easily. I know I cant have an external magwell mods. Thanks!

I had to look in the book but here is the bad news.

USPSA rule book, Appendix D4 # 22

"No magwell atachments or external flaring of the magwell. The lateral width of the well may not be more than 1/4" wider than the lateral width of the magazine."

I doubt that there is much room for widening the well.

Hope this helps.

Bill

I just found the Production rules revision on the uspsa website and under 22.6 The longitudinal (front-to-back) dimension

of the opening may be more than 1/4" greater than the corresponding dimension of a magazine. External flaring remains

PROHIBITED.So I think this answers my question. Thanks!

You are correct.

Longitudinally you can flare more than the 1/4" I mentioned. Laterally you cannot. I assumed you were discussing the lateral dimension as you mentioned also flaring the grips.

Bill

• 2 months later...

I have a P226 Blackwater and was going to reccomend the magwell grips that I have,BUT, I checked the Production list and the Blackwater is listed with regular grips only. Oh well! You can get these grips very resonably priced from Sig. If you decide to shoot Limited or Limited 10 they would be great for you.

Doug