Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana Gold 200gr Load Info

Mayonaise

Hey guys!

I just picked up a case of MG 200gr JFP. I'm looking for some load data to make 170 pf.

OAL? I've seen people post 1.200 to 1.245. Seems like a wide variance.

If you have data for U.Clays that info would be cool too.

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: .45 ACP

Edited by Erik Warren

I deleted all the load data/resources responses prior to the revelation of the cartridge. We all just assumed .40S&W. Somebody could get in trouble using that data in .45 ACP.

Kudos to Monster and raspberries to Mayo and all of us who assumed .40.

• 3 weeks later...

Mayonaise,

Did you come up with any good load data for the .45 MG JFP's? Where did you land with OAL? I picked up a case and am getting ready to do some testing this weekend. I'm using Clays and TightGoup if you happen to have any suggestions on a load to start with. I asked the factory but didn't get a return email.

Thanks!

Mark

A friend said he used 1.235 OAL over 6.4gr Univ. Clays.

To be honest I haven't loaded any. I'm finishing off some other ammo I loaded and it's been too cold in my garage to mess with loading. I'm hoping it will warm up here shortly so I can start loading and testing before all the state matches start in April.

A friend of mine is using Titegroup with the MG 200 JFP. We're loading it to 1.235 with 5.2gr of powder. This a sweet load for a 45acp. This is in a Kimber with a five inch barrel. I chronoed it the other day and it was a 168pf. Outside temp was 55 degrees. Try starting around 5.0gr and work up from there.