Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40swmp

have 40calswmp using unique powder 155 grain gold montana jhp will use for personal protection can any body tell me load reccomendation for this combo

Do you have a loading guide? ;)

Alliant has their data posted online:

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/default.aspx

Using a handload for personal protection is a very, very, very, very, very bad idea. Using a Montana Gold JHP for personal protection only makes it worse. It's designed as an accuracy bullet, not a self-defense round, and there really is a difference. R,

have 40calswmp using unique powder 155 grain gold montana jhp will use for personal protection can any body tell me load reccomendation for this combo

Using a handload for personal protection is a very, very, very, very, very bad idea. Using a Montana Gold JHP for personal protection only makes it worse. It's designed as an accuracy bullet, not a self-defense round, and there really is a difference. R,

Are you reloading yet? If so and you dont have a reload manual it's highly advisable to invest in a quality reloading data manual. Hornady and Lymans are pretty good places to start. They have so much more information listed orderly and easy to find that it makes using the interweb seem like "the hard way". Ill also +1 what G-ManBart said. Handloads for pp are no-no's.

Are you reloading yet? If so and you dont have a reload manual it's highly advisable to invest in a quality reloading data manual. Hornady and Lymans are pretty good places to start. They have so much more information listed orderly and easy to find that it makes using the interweb seem like "the hard way". Ill also +1 what G-ManBart said. Handloads for pp are no-no's.

i have checked them no mention of goldmontana company said to compare to golddot speer what do you think

i have checked them no mention of goldmontana company said to compare to golddot speer what do you think

Montana Gold JHP bullets are different in a number of ways from Speer's Gold Dot. Most notably construction, total bearing surface and jacket hardness. Unless you are quite experienced at handloading I wouldn't try to use Gold Dot reload data. If you are quite experienced in handloading you'd have manuals. :rolleyes:(hint)

I personally use load data for the Hornady xtp when loading a M.G. JHP for the first time and I always start with the lowest load first.

I also use factory loaded store bought rounds in my CCW and home defense pistols.

Montana Gold JHP bullets are different in a number of ways from Speer's Gold Dot. Most notably construction, total bearing surface and jacket hardness. Unless you are quite experienced at handloading I wouldn't try to use Gold Dot reload data. If you are quite experienced in handloading you'd have manuals. :rolleyes:(hint)

I personally use load data for the Hornady xtp when loading a M.G. JHP for the first time and I always start with the lowest load first.

I also use factory loaded store bought rounds in my CCW and home defense pistols.

thanx everybody ihave reloaded b4 just could not find any mention on mont.gold you guys are great thanx again Ed