Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Oko?

dv8

Hi everyone,

I have gotten a new OKO sight from the IPSC store and it seems to be a different setup from what I've seen before. The brightness selector wheel does not seem to be operational. Instead there are two tiny switches added - one is ON/OFF and another provides just two brightness settings.

I wonder whether the brightness selector wheel is just fixed somehow, and all I need to do is to unfix it and it will be fully operational as in previous model. I have never used a red dot sight before and don't even know whether you really need more than two settings.

There is no explanation on theses changes in the OKO documentation, - does anybody have any info on this OKO model?

Thanks.

Vlad

Just got a reply from the factory - This modification is done specifically for IPSC shooters. They claim that the new setup should be a lot stronger and withstand ANY IPSC gun. The wheel is fixed permanently to reduce probability of breakage, while two brightness settings should be enough for most conditions.

Well, what do you guys think, is 2 brightness levels enough or not?

Absofrigginlutely NOT! Get one with all the brightness settings. While I use C-more on my Open pistols, my Open rifle has an OKO...as does one of my 10/22, and a shotgun, and...well, lets just say I like the dealer price of OKO a lot better than C-more's. At one time or another, I've used every single setting...even "barely on" (hey, it was 0-dark-30 and there were long eared varmits a-hoppin').

My two cents....send it right back and get the one with all the settings available for YOU to choose.

Alex