Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

carrying .22 pistols to the line

shopgun

I've not had the pleasure of shooting a regular SC match. How do you guys carry to the line? Holstered or in a gun rug. Trying to get a handle on procedures for our local club matches. Thanks

Bagged. For steel challenge, I keep both guns bagged with their mags, nothing on my belt except the holster for the centerfire and a pouch for mags during outer limits and showdown.

I've taken my entire range bag to the line for Rimfire and just taken the gun from the bag on LMR. I usually take all 5 mags out and put them on top and discard used mags into the bag so I don't use a partial.

At two of the clubs I go to they have a barrel or table next to the shooting box where you can place mags and rugs. Its a nice thing to have so you don't have gear on the ground and folks are hunting for mags in pockets or sweeping themselves getting mags out of a bag.

For our club, we allow both since both are fine. About 99% of shooters take their bag/rug with them to the line and lay out the mags to get ready for the strings. I also take my shooting bag to the line and pull out my mags to prepare for the strings.

Under no circumstances should anyone walk around with an unbagged/unholster firearm. I'm sure you know that but make it clear to all the participants, you wouldn't believe what I've seen so far for our matches.

Good luck with the matches...