Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Crossing over

John Z Sr

Both sports have their merits and faults. I do not like USPSA's mandatory reload business and then happy penalties for every shot taken until it's done. I do like the 32 required shots on this one...got a plan....standby...beep. Whereupon I try like the dickens to divide 32 evenly into 6 and laugh at the 4 rounds I have left in my partial clip. I do not like IDPA's stance on the internal lock, the transfer bar and reloading behind cover. I love it for only gigging me once per string on any given screw up. I also enjoy that I can have a great day and beat 75% of the auto's since I have only one more reload in 18 round max land. I like it when they melt USPSA movement in with IDPA's big circle and square of zero time down. I find that both matches have really nice people for the most part and somebody there can and will bend over backwards to help you if you ask. I have lost count of the friends made because somebody needed something. Bottom line is shoot as much as you can and always bring enough ammo for a second run in case you totally botch the first and are able to go back and at least learn to correct your mistakes. No it will not be for score, but you will leave with a greater understanding of what works and what does not.